Leading the Future.
At the Satell Institute our mission is to develop and lead a Collective Force of Businesses & Foundations Partnering with Nonprofits for the Greater GoodTM.
Satell Institute 2020 Summer Internship Program
The Satell Institute (https://www.satellinstitute.org) leads the collective force of businesses and foundations partnering with nonprofits to serve the greater good. The Institute has grown rapidly since inception and is in its third year of helping transform the CSR ecosystem in the greater Philadelphia area. Three years of growth have resulted in an extensive and growing network of businesses, foundations and nonprofits working to deliver strong impact in the area.
The 2020 internship program will focus on the Satell Institute experience in catalyzing the CSR ecosystem in the greater Philadelphia area. The project will examine CSR partnerships developed, and deliver meaningful stories of these partnerships and their impact. The project will analyze the businesses, foundations and nonprofits that constitute the Satell Institute network, the nature of the partnerships, observed impact and the catalytic role of the institute. The analysis will be used to create feature stories, blog posts and visual stories for various internal and external platforms.
The program is seeking full- and part-time graduate students and rising seniors interested in corporate social responsibility (CSR) and the impact of businesses and nonprofits contributing to the greater good in communities. Satell Scholars have many opportunities to network with the Institute’s distinguished Advisory Board and membership, who are recognized practitioners of CSR.
The internship commitment is for thirteen weeks in the summer of 2020. Start dates can be flexible to accommodate academic schedules. Interns will need to be in the Philadelphia area to participate in cohort and networking activities. The Satell Institute has offices in the Malvern/Great Valley area. A stipend will be provided for the 13-week program ($3,000 for undergraduate students and $4,000 for graduate students).
The Satell Institute seeks exceptional candidates who believe in the Institute’s aspirational mission of harnessing the collective force of businesses and nonprofits for the greater good. We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Current full- or part-time graduate students and rising seniors in business, nonprofit leadership, social policy and practice or other appropriate disciplines seeking an enriching internship experience
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well within teams
- Self-directed, able to manage ambiguity well and take projects to completion
- Authorized to work in the United States
A stipend will be provided for the 13-week program:
- $3,000 for undergraduate students
- $4,000 for graduate students
How to Apply
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com and must be received no later than April 1, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be closed when all positions are filled. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Please submit the following as one PDF file:
- Cover letter stating the skills and experience you would bring to the program, why you would value participating in this program with the Satell Institute, your interest in Corporate Social Responsibility and your availability (including start and end dates)
- Copy of academic transcript
- A short writing sample of approximately 3-6 double-spaced pages that would be most relevant to the internship(s) of interest
Satell Summer Scholars 2018
"I want to thank our mentors for being such intelligent, strong and compassionate individuals. I know I am a better person for having worked under their leadership."
"The cohort worked together on deliverables and backed each other up on projects, all while appreciating the mentorship and flexibility to take on new challenges."