Leading the Future.
At the Satell Institute our mission is to develop and lead a Collective Force of Businesses & Foundations Partnering with Nonprofits for the Greater Good, dedicated to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
The Satell Institute Winter/Spring 2018-2019 Scholars Program
The Satell Institute is offering a Winter/Spring 2018-2019 Satell Scholars program. Through the program, students will gain meaningful and relevant nonprofit experience working with the Institute’s Think and Do Tanks. Satell Scholars will have an opportunity to network with the Institute’s distinguished Advisory Board and membership, recognized practitioners of CSR. The Institute recently concluded its inaugural 2018 Summer Scholar program with students from Penn, Drexel and Haverford.
The opportunity is open to full- and part-time graduate students. Scholars selected for the program will work on defined projects under the guidance of a mentor and will deliver meaningful results. The program is a good fit for candidates eager to learn more about the potential impact of businesses and nonprofits contributing to the greater good in their communities. Scholars will have access to a network of business, academic and nonprofit leaders and will participate in cohort activities.
The program will require a commitment of 6 hours per week over 25 weeks, for a total of 150 hours. The program will run between October 2018 and April 2019, with pre-arranged flexibility during exams and holidays. The work can be performed remotely, with some face-to-face meetings with members of the Institute and scholars from the cohort.
The Satell Institute seeks exceptional candidates who believe in the Institute’s aspirational mission of harnessing the collective force of businesses and nonprofits for the greater good. We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Current full- or part-time graduate students in business, nonprofit leadership, social policy and practice or other appropriate disciplines seeking an enriching internship experience
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well within teams
- Self-directed, able to manage ambiguity well and take projects to completion
- Authorized to work in the United States
$2,000 (for 150 hours)
How to Apply
Applications should be emailed to Internships@thesatellinstitute.org and must be received by October 31, 2018 or earlier. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be closed when all positions are filled. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Please submit the following as one PDF file:
- Cover letter stating the skills and experience you would bring to the program, why you would value this scholars program with the Satell Institute, and your availability (including start and end days)
- A short writing sample of approximately 3-6 double-spaced pages that would be most relevant to the internship(s) of interest
- Copy of academic transcript
In addition, brief recommendation letters, if desired, can be sent directly by the recommender to Internships@thesatellinstitute.org, with your name in the title, describing why you would be an exceptional candidate for the internship.
"I want to thank our mentors for being such intelligent, strong and compassionate individuals. I know I am a better person for having worked under their leadership."
"The cohort worked together on deliverables and backed each other up on projects, all while appreciating the mentorship and flexibility to take on new challenges."