Leading the Future.
At the Satell Institute our mission is to develop and lead a Collective Force of Businesses & Foundations Partnering with Nonprofits for the Greater GoodTM.
The Satell Institute Summer 2019 Scholars Program
The Satell Institute is offering a Summer 2019 Satell Scholars program. Through the program, students will gain meaningful and relevant nonprofit experience working with the Institute’s Think and Do Tanks. Satell Scholars will have an opportunity to network with the Institute’s distinguished Advisory Board and membership who are recognized practitioners of CSR. Students from Penn, Drexel, Haverford and Temple have participated in the Summer 2018 and Winter-Spring 2018-2019 cohorts.
The opportunity is open to full- and part-time graduate students and rising seniors. Scholars selected for the program will work on defined projects under the guidance of a mentor and will deliver meaningful results. The program is a good fit for candidates eager to learn more about the collective impact of businesses and nonprofits contributing to the greater good in their communities.
The internship commitment will last three months (thirteen weeks) between May 2019 and September 2019. The start date can be flexible. Each three-month commitment must be completed between May 15, 2019 and September 30, 2019. This is a full-time internship for six interns who will form the 2019 Summer Scholar cohort. Interns will need to be in the Philadelphia area to participate in cohort and networking activities. The Satell Internship has offices in the Malvern/Great Valley area.
Internship opportunities include marketing and research internship projects.
The Satell Institute seeks exceptional candidates who believe in the Institute’s aspirational mission of harnessing the collective force of businesses and nonprofits for the greater good. We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Current full- or part-time graduate students and rising seniors in business, nonprofit leadership, social policy and practice or other appropriate disciplines seeking an enriching internship experience
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well within teams
- Self-directed, able to manage ambiguity well and take projects to completion
- Authorized to work in the United States
A stipend will be provided for the 13-week program:
- $3,000 for undergraduate students
- $4,000 for graduate students
How to Apply
Applications should be emailed to Internships@satellinstitute.org and must be received no later than April 1, 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be closed when all positions are filled. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Please submit the following as one PDF file:
- Cover letter stating the skills and experience you would bring to the program, why you would value participating in this program with the Satell Institute, and your availability (including start and end dates).
- A short writing sample of approximately 3-6 double-spaced pages that would be most relevant to the internship(s) of interest
- Copy of academic transcript
- Optional: A brief recommendation letter can be sent directly by the recommender to Internships@satellinstitute.org, with your name in the title, describing why you would be an exceptional candidate for the internship.
Satell Summer Scholars 2018
"I want to thank our mentors for being such intelligent, strong and compassionate individuals. I know I am a better person for having worked under their leadership."
"The cohort worked together on deliverables and backed each other up on projects, all while appreciating the mentorship and flexibility to take on new challenges."